One of the key foundational activities of PR is to build the base of communications for our brand and our business.
In the previous episode of the BECOME YOUR OWN PR MACHINE podcast, I unpacked my ‘Marketing Communications Pyramid’, which is anchored by owned media and social media.
Along with earned media, owned and social media (ideally) form the base of your marketing communications eco-system. In other words, they help make your paid-for marketing activities work harder!
In this episode I cover off owned media, and discuss why it’s important to think like a media proprietor as we build out – in a purposeful way – our own media ‘network’ (I use the BBC to illustrate my point here).
I break down:
- what owned media channels are available to solopreneurs and business owners
- why having an owned media presence is important from a marketing communications perspective
- an analogy using the BBC to illustrate my point
- three content mediums we need to be aware of, including standalone sub-branded media properties
- premium signature content opportunities and how we can use them to deliver extra value to our audience
I hope you enjoy the episode!
CHECK OUT THE MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS PYRAMID HERE – https://trevoryoung.me/prmachine
Learn how to become your own PR machine! Subscribe to the newsletter and receive top tips, ideas, insights and trends to help you unlock the potential of your business through the power of PR, content and digital communications!