Wow, this is one heck of a episode!
If you listen to the REPUTATION REVOLUTION podcast, even if it’s only every now and then, I bet you’re probably interested in how you can build your personal brand in a sustainable way so you can take advantage of the myriad opportunities that come with being an active participant in today’s ‘Reputation Economy’.
My guest in this episode has done exactly this and is indeed an active participant in today’s ‘Reputation Economy’! He has, over time, built a global profile and reputation as one of the world’s leading listening experts.
His name is Oscar Trimboli, he lives in Sydney, and this is his story.
Oscar helps leaders and professionals discover the hidden key to better communication. He is passionate about using the gift of listening to bring positive change in homes, workplaces and cultures around the world.
Of note, Oscar is an author, host of the Apple award-winning podcast Deep Listening, and a sought-after keynote speaker.
In this conversation, Oscar tells his personal brand story, including how he left the corporate world and later evolved into the global listening expert he is today.
He shares in detail his content strategy across owned, earned and social media channels.
Oscar touches on a range of topics. He explains:
- how he came to the realisation he was an expert at listening.
- how when he started, there was one clear expert in the space globally, and that he had to educate the market on the importance of listening.
- that the content he produced in the first two years was “absolute rubbish” – he has been focusing on the positive aspects of listening (“It wasn’t getting any traction because I wasn’t talking to their problem, I was talking to my hypothetical solution”
- how podcast guest interviews result in real business benefits
Oscar also unpacks how he generates his income.
QUOTABLE QUOTE: “Create content where they (the audience) are at, and break it down as simply as possible, and express that in multiple ways”
On the Reputation Revolution podcast, we cover the four core pillars of building a successful and respected professional personal brand:
- ESTABLISH your voice
- ENHANCE the credibility of that voice
- EXTEND the reach of your voice
- EXTRACT value from the profile and reputation you build in the marketplace
Oscar ticks all of these boxes!
His story is a good one. If you’re wanting to build a personal brand-based enterprise, this episode is required listening!
CONNECT WITH OSCAR:
(Details re Oscar’s new book here)
SUBSCRIBE TODAY: Choose your app! Go to https://pod.link/reputation
Leave a Reply