Welcome to Season 6 of the Reputation Revolution show.
In this episode we tackle the much-debated topic – Business brand vs personal brand: Which one should you focus on?
It’s a question I get asked a lot, and one to which there is no definitive answer, as a number of variables will often come into play.
But … it’s definitely worth digging into if you’re in business, because as we know: when it comes to all things PR, marketing and communications (including content and social media) – clarity is king!
To help me tackle the ‘business brand vs personal brand’ debate, I’ve co-opted two experienced pros to provide their ideas, insights and opinions on the topic.
- SAM OSBORN – a leading brand strategist who helps businesses drive stronger revenue, branded communication and customer love
- BRENDAN KEOGH – a marketer and coach who helps thought leaders clarify their message and create cut-through content that gets results
Sam, Brendan and I provide our respective takes on the ‘business brand vs personal brand’ theme.
Along the way, we also discuss:
- the concept of branding, and the critical role it plays
- the importance of values, personality and consistency in building trust
- examples of personal brands who have also built significantly-sized businesses
- The role reputation plays in personal branding
- Leaders of practice areas within a larger firm: how should they approach personal branding?
- Brand architecture, and when to build a ‘house of brands’
If you’re building a business enterprise around your personal brand but are wondering whether or not you need to put a bit of effort into marketing an associated business entity, then have a listen to this episode for further insights and ideas on the topic.
*** REPUTATION REVOLUTION: Brought to you by the Credible Authority Academy ***