Building something of substance off the back of your personal brand – a body of work, a flourishing business, or kickstarting a movement of sorts – takes serious effort.
Yes, creating original content and publishing it on the web is crucial.
Yes, being on social networks and connecting with like-minded people from your city, your country, and around the world – that’s important too.
But most of all – the most critical thing – is to stand for something.
What do you stand for?
*** PLUS ***
Steve Sammartino is in the Reputation Revolution house.
Steve is a leading futurist, best-selling author, media commentator and keynote speaker, having presented to over 200,000 people around the globe.
His background is very eclectic. Some of his projects have earned over 20 million video plays on YouTube. He has sent a Lego space shuttle into the stratosphere and helped create a Lego car that runs on air. As you do!
In this chat with host Trevor Young, Steve explains the importance of listening to your audience.
“They know more about you than you know about yourself,” he says.
Other Sammartino gems dropped in this episode include:
- “Have an opinion. Something for everyone is something for no one.”
- “Know what you believe in and put your beliefs out there.”
- “You’ve got to think live. You’ve got to think out on the web.”
- “Publish as much as you can, put your thoughts out there.”
- “the fringe-dwellers are the people who invent tomorrow’s front line and … get on the fringe!”